SC - When life gives you lemons, then what?

Stephanie Rudin rudin at okway.okstate.edu
Thu Aug 21 15:41:05 PDT 1997

     Caitlin - one of the women in our shire, HL Rhiannon Redwolf, makes a
     wonderful dish she calls lemonshire chicken.  There isn't really a
     recipe.  I made it once with her standing over me and since then I
     just throw stuff in.  Basically start with chicken breasts, pounded a
     little, a large onion, diced, some white wine worcestershire, minced
     garlic, capers, butter, olive oil and salt and pepper.

     Saute the onions and garlic in a little olive oil and butter then add
     the chicken breasts and brown them slightly, and add the
     worcestershire (1/2 cup or more to your taste), capers (about half of
     a small bottle), salt and pepper and let simmer until the chicken is
     done.  Then add the juice of one lemon (or more to your taste).  Serve
     over rice.  I usually use quite a bit of worcestershire so that there
     is extra sauce to go over the rice.  I have added lemon zest every now
     and then with good results.

     This makes me remember that I've been wondering if capers are period?
     Does anyone know?

     Mercedes
     rudin at okway.okstate.edu