SC - Pepper with fruit

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 14:00:37 PDT 1997

<<  I've been dressing my salads with canned tangerine
 oranges and crushed red pepper flakes.  Not what they think of, but it works
 for me!) >>

Actually this is not that out of the ordinary. Since becoming a 'period' food
nut, I routinely add a small amount of black pepper to chocolate cake , spice
cake and apple dessert recipes, as well as a pinch or two on strawberries and
peaches. Many period recipes call for a touch of what we would consider
'peppery' spices to fruit dishes. The addition of fruits to a tossed type
salad dates at least back to the 40's in the mundane world and is practised
frequently by 'gourmets' , chefs who specialize in 'nouveau' cuisine and
people who generally appreciate complexity in their dining experience. :-)

Lord Ras