SC - Testicles

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Dec 5 19:00:30 PST 1997

Hello from Sylvan Glen!
        Two questions which I thought I'd open up to the list.....does
anyone know where I might be able to find citron?  No, not the candied peel,
but the whole fruit?  I'd love to try candying my own citron peel.
        Also, I have a recipe for roast bustard with sauce.  Any suggestions
for what might be a decent substitute that isn't too hard to find?  Bustards
were large, mostly ground dwellings birds that used to live in Europe before
they were hunted too much.  I think that wild turkey would be a likely
candidate, but I don't go turkey hunting.  Commercially raised turkeys are
so inbred that they would probably bear little relation to their wild fore
fathers.  Duck & goose are both probably rather too fatty.  Perhaps an emu?
        All thoughts are welcome,
                                                Antoine de Bayonne
Dan Gillespie
dangilsp at intrepid.net