SC - cracknels

James L. Matterer jlmatterer at labyrinth.net
Sun Dec 7 02:54:41 PST 1997

<< Hmm....  Flightless bird, therefore no keel on the sternum for attaching
 large wing muscles, right?

 Alasdair mac Iain >>

That is correct. There is also no indication that a keel ever existed.

After viewing the emu carcass upclose I am firmly convinced that dinosaurs did
not become extinct. As Walter Cronkite said at the close of his series on
dinosaurs, to paraphrase or slightly misquote or whatever> If you want to know
where the dinosaurs went, go outside and look up in the sky. :-)

In the Oct.27, 1997 entry of my diary> "I am sitting here with a cup of
perfectly brewed coffee with Cat curled on my lap and Dog at my feet gazing
out the window on a beautiful fall morning painted with gold and red and
yellow. In a distance I hear a sound  and gazing intently into the sky, I see
a flock of dinosaurs passing by. And I know that all is well with the world as
Mother wraps Herself in Her cloak of many colors. Smiling, I dragged myself
back into my fantasy world, shooed Cat and Dog from my presence and prepared
myself for another day of work."

Anyone working with these birds,  as well as ostrich and kiwi, and still
maintains a bizaare belief that dinosaurs are extinct is, IMHO, a fool and
deserves the darkness his ignorance plunges him into.

Excuse my rant but this topic has always been a matter of deep concern to me
and I believed that dinosaurs and birds were the same as a child. For it to be
confirmed as an adult by a number of modern scientists and my own observations
has done nothing but ingraine it further in my mind.

Ras