SC - Re: Testicles

Philip & Susan Troy troy at spambegone.asan.com
Mon Dec 8 06:51:57 PST 1997

DianaFiona wrote:

>        Ouch! Been there, right enough...... At the moment I've got some
> habaneros that I was gifted with that I'm trying to work up the courage to
> deal with! In additon to the milk listed by someone else you might try
> vinegar. It's supposed to disolve the essential oils, I believe. Pour a good
> dollop in your hands and scrub them well. Rinse and repeat if needed. Seems to
> work pretty well for me--but I'm not sure it's equal to habaneros! ;-)
>
>                         Ldy Diana

Vinegar should do it, too. For some reason, though, lime juice seems
most appropriate when working with habaneros. I mean, how can you cook
with habaneros and not have some limes on hand? That would be barbaric!
The lime juice cure works wonders, and was specifically invented for
real Scotch Bonnets peppers, not habaneros, which are hot, but not quite
like Scotch Bonnets. I was able to treat a chili burn right on
somebody's eyelids, with lime juice.

Of course, it was my own bloody fault the jerk (ahem) fellow got the
burn in the first place: he walked up to me while I was brunoise dicing
scotch bonnets, sans latex gloves because I have those indestructible,
calloused, burn-proof, guy-hands, and shook one of the guy-hands. It
didn't occur to me that he wouldn't be immune, or that he would then go
and rub his eyes...

Now, actually allowing either chili oils _or_ lime juice to actually get
into the eye would doubtless be a Bad Thing.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at spambegone.asan.com

Sentient beings should remove the "spambegone." portion of our address
before replying.