SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #464

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 18:51:39 PST 1997

<<
 There is a book of recipes associated with Catherine de Medici.  It was
 published in 1555 by Girolamo Rusceli, an Italian who was Catherine's
 astrologer.
 The book is The Secrets of the Reverand Master Alixis of Piedmont and it
 has been described to me as a collection of remedies with the odd
 cooking recipe thrown in.

 Bear
 = >>
      Oh, my...........! Any chance there's a modern English translation
available??? Or *any* modern reprint at all?

      Ldy Diana, who is inconstant search of period herbals and such