SC - Galette de Dame Carcas

Mon Dec 8 20:52:08 PST 1997

<< I'm finding it hard to imagine a sweet pudding-like dessert
 with pork or some sort of fatty cracklings in it, but just because it
 seems strange to me doesn't prove anything at all!

Since so many recipes from period seem to me to resemble mincemeat and I have
no aversion to sweet meat , I often serve a wonderful relich made with apples,
onions, green peppers , garlic , pepper and brown sugar to accompany roast
pork.

The use of cracklings with the bread crumbs, etc. was, I tho't, rather tasty.
Since I have posted much lately I tho't I'd give someone else a crack (:-)) at
this but if you wish I can post my redaction.

Ras