SC - Why "Request for documentation" is a bad subject title

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Wed Dec 10 04:14:36 PST 1997

My first reaction when I saw the title of the post that started the mashed
...  thread was disinterest--more precisely "here is someone else who wants
a medieval excuse for what he has already decided to cook." At it happens,
I was wrong--it was clear that the poster actually wanted a medieval recipe
fitting his vague memory of one he thought he had heard of. But
"documentation," in SCA culture, quite routinely means "evidence that X,
which I have already decided to do, is period," which rapidly degrades into
"might possibly be period." Hence I think "request for a period recipe for
...  ." would be a more appropriate locution.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/