SC - OT - Omaha Steaks anomaly

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Thu Dec 11 12:45:28 PST 1997

> Gnuther Wrote:
> > The site fee is $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Children 4-12 are
> $5 in advance and $6 at the door. Family maximum is $30 in advance and
> $35 at the door. Feast is free!
>

> Does this work?  We seperate out the site and feast because many people
> seem to either need to leave or can't afford the higher fee and
> dislike paying for a feast they won't eat....
>
> Just wondering - another of those cultural things....
>
> Ruadh

Yes, and it usually works pretty well. I think the main reason is that our site
fees are relatively low. Also there was a major problem a few years ago where
people were eating feasts who hadn't paid for them. The people in my general
area finally decided to just feed everybody so everyone would be accounted for.
Those that can't eat the feast for one reason or another usually don't mind
because they would only be saving $4-$6 anyway and that's not really enough to
make a stink over.

In the rare instances when there is a problem a discount is usually given. But
the main point is that even is someone can't eat the feast and the group isn't
charging a huge amount they will pay the site fee as a donation to the group.

Yers,

Gunthar