SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #472

MMC Richard A. Kappler KAPPLERR at swos.navy.mil
Fri Dec 12 06:43:08 PST 1997

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> That's all. (There is a group in NSW who decided that being accurate
> meant sleeping on straw. Someone said people might be allergic to it. So
> they discussed it, and decided people always had been allergic to it. But
> they still used to sleep on it. So they would too. These people are
> _very_ good reenactors. I don't think everybody wants to be that good. So
> most people aren't. But we can all aspire to be a bit better)

OTOH, I've always wondered how many of the astmatic/allergic children
simply died, or lived as being "sickly". Of course, the incidence of
astma and allergies is supposedly increasing, and not just because we
are better at detecting them. Scary if true.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
PGP fingerprint = 76 3B 11 28 79 39 87 C0  DC 4C 1F 4C C0 1F 1E 89
Oh, *practice*. I don't mind *practicing*. So long as we don't have to
do it for real.  -- Terry Pratchett