SC - sauces (cameline, etc.)

kappler kappler at edgenet.net
Mon Dec 15 19:42:00 PST 1997

Good gentles,

	My sweetie and have been asked to cook the meat for a potluck next weekend (barony-provides-meat-attendees-provide-dishes type of potluck) and I wanted to put out a couple of period sauces for the meat, just to make it a *little* more period...

	Since I don't have time (or money) to do a trial run, I wanted to get some feedback from those of y'all who have done this before.  The sauces I'm choosing are all from Pleyn Delit.  I am doing sauce Cameline (#48), the garlic-pepper sauce, and the Very Good Sauce (red wine sauce) for poultry which is, I think, #58 or #59.

	Have any of you used these particular recipes before; and if so, are there any pitfalls I should look out for?  Or, do any of you have what you consider to be a *better* version of Cameline than the one in PD?

	Thanks in advance for the input...

		- kat (trying to cover all the bases)

p.s.  A brief thank-you, listmembers.  Before getting on this list I would have been too shy/scared to take it upon myself to change the menu.  Now, I'm more embarrassed NOT to than afraid to...  <g>