SC - books for novice cooks--??

MISS PATRICIA M HEFNER HPGV80D at prodigy.com
Mon Dec 15 17:28:20 PST 1997

Chocolate is not medieval, and I don't know if it was associated with
lust. On the other hand, the making of subtleties was a late-medieval
game, and I believe oysters were then regarded as an aphrodisiac. Think
creatively about the presentation, I'm sure there's something in it.

There is a recipe somewhere for gingerbread which has only breadcrumbs,
honey, cloves and pepper (no ginger). It is easy to place gold foil over
the top (Real gold - it costs about $45 for a whole book, but looks
really good) and do avarice. (There is, of course, the story about the
fdeast at which everything was covered in gold. It took days to prepare,
and the guests then died of food poisoning, since the understanding of
bacterial growth was not quite what it now is)

Cheers

Charles Ragnar

(Which of the sins are deadly, and which are just fun? I could never
figure it out - bettter do it anyway, just to be on the safe side ;)