SC - novice requests - longish

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Tue Dec 16 06:00:33 PST 1997

Hi,

I am grateful for the suggestions that I have recieved so far..but would
still need some help with Sloth , Pride and Envy.

As my friends (This is no SCA event or even strongly medieval themed -
though I wish to push it in that direction) would not fully appricate the
medieval subtleties I chose choclate for Lust, as it is a said
aphrodisiac.

But  an intersting thought was risen in the call for aphrodisiacs....what
about other herbs and spices..are they connected to human charcterisitcs
and traits..

Would there be a spice that was said to provoke anger....or at least make
a person more coleric...and the opposite

If you know about an article or book about such notions during mediaval
times,  or indeed ancient Roman ort Greek ideas, please send me a
reference.

I know the romans had some ideas about the properties of spices and herbs,
can't just remeber  what at the moment

Daniel Serra