Aphrodisiacs was Re: SC - The Seven Deadly Sins

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Dec 16 01:13:46 PST 1997

At 6:34 PM +0000 12/15/97, Daniel Serra wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I've got a question that is sligthly off-topic.
>
>Some friends and me are planning to throw a party themed after the seven
>deadly sins, andd I plan to bake or make at this party cakes,pies or
>flarns each which is slightly allegorical to each deadly sin. and my
>interest in medieval cooking forces me in that direction to search for
>inspiration.
>
>So far I have only a few vague ideas...like making a Saffron-cream pie for
>greed, something very choclaty and creamy for lust, something very rich
>and creamy for gluttony and something hot,red and spicy for wrath.

1. If you are thinking in terms of medieval cooking, perhaps you should
look through something like _The Four Seasons of the House of Cerruti_--a
period description of foods, with comments on their effects.

2. It isn't clear whether you are asking for medieval suggestions, as your
"interest in medieval cooking" implies, or not, as your "choclaty" implies.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/