SC - documentation--lon

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Tue Dec 16 12:35:45 PST 1997

Good Ras asks us:

> The question is what draws one to late period cookery. Since I am writing an
> article for my local Shire newsletter on this subject, I would like to hear
> from those drawn to this particular subject so I can present a relitively
> unbiased aarticle. Thanks in advance.

Ras,

	I don't think it's a "fascination" so much as it is a plain and simple matter of availability of source material.  I've only been on this list for a couple of months; but I recall hearing more than one request for "twelfth-century Irish food" and the like, which unfortunately had to go unanswered due to lack of source material.

	I know I am only a novice at this whole thing; but it seems to me that unless we want to dip into middle-Eastern or Roman (Apician) food, which *is* truly wonderful once in a while, that we are pretty much stuck with  the fifteenth century and beyond.

	Or am I missing something, and will I be horribly embarassed when (tactfully) corrected  <g>?

		- kat (putting in her US$.02 as usual...)