SC - documentation--longer answer

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 17:25:26 PST 1997

Ras wrote:

> (snip) which brings me to the question that begs to be asked > Does
>any one have or know of resources for pre-16th century Spanish
>Conquest or native Inca recipes for Guinea Pig?

Yes.  Petits Propos Culinaires had a two-part article on Inca food with
quotes from contemporary Spanish sources.  The redoubtable Sophie Coe
was the author.  It is in Volume 29 and 31.  The first is "Inca Food:
Animal and Mineral" and the second is "Inca Food: Vegetable."  If you
post me privately (and send chocolate??) I can see about getting you a
copy if you don't have access to PPC via a library, etc.

For anyone with a spare $23.50, one year's subscription can be yours
(three issues).  It is a treasure trove of culinary history and
occasional true delights for those of a medieval/Renaissance bent.  I
have most of the issues ever published.  Ask for it for a present!

Alys Katharine