SC - Cossacks, Mongols, and Huns..Oh My!

Karen Lyons-McGann dvkld.dev at mhs.unc.edu
Thu Dec 18 06:23:20 PST 1997

Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

> But you are missing the "cute and cuddly pet" factor. Not that I've ever
> seen the problem.

You just gotta love those cuddly critters who sometimes eat their young
when under stress, and which are reputed (in this case, falsely) to have
their eyeballs fall out when suspended by their nubby tails. I assume
the latter is false; I have no direct experience with hanging up a
guinea pig by the tail to test this theory... .

If this weren't enough to thoroughly gross one out, then there's always
the guinea pig scene in the 1958 trashy sci-fi epic, "Return of the
Fly". One of the more traumatic experiences of my childhood!

Adamantius