SC - Mutton and thanks

Kimi b 2 Kimib2 at aol.com
Sat Dec 20 14:52:49 PST 1997

> Somebody said
> 'hardly anyone eats lamb'

Well, we eat it around here, when we can afford it. I recently contributed
a Georgian recipe (called traditional, but I make no assertions it was
period) of lamb, spinach, rice, saffron and lemon juice, and none of it
went home with me (drat it). And a group in Selviergard, years ago, used to
spit a kid periodically, and serve it those who would try it. Those trolls
were resourceful -- if they thought too many people were "willing" to try
it, they'd start spreading the rumor it was dog. That way there was always
enough to go around!

Morgana

PS: I won't even start with the price of lamb: everything is expensive up
here, compared to the figures all of you have been discussing.

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     salbert at polarnet.com
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     Back up my hard drive? How do I put
and a decrescent argent.        *          it in reverse?