SC - Goat Recipe

Suzanne Berry sberry at primavera.com
Mon Dec 22 14:01:20 PST 1997

Cold bruet of rabbits (from a photo copy. All I can say is the heading is
'ADAPTED RECIPES', and p 182/183 has this, Dyvers desyre and Viaund and
Mawmene ryall. So I don't know what the original looked like. And the
intro to this refers to MS L ???)

Anyway, the redaction I have used a few times, and enjoyed:

1/2 rabbits, cut up.
2 cups broth

cook rabbit in salted broth, drain and bone.

1/2 cup almond
1 cup water

make up almond milk simmer then strain to thicken (a lot)

1/2 cup seedless raisins or pitted dates
1/2 cup sweet wine

mix together

tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sweet wine

mix

tsp mixed spice
1/4tsp cardamon, ginger
1/3 cup wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar

mix

simmer all together, til thick, serve hot or cold.

Oh. That's a bit different from what I remember. But no matter. the
original apparently says this is also good for chicken...

enjoy

charles ragnar