SC - book query

Morgan morgan at lewistown.net
Mon Dec 22 20:50:21 PST 1997

I was asked by a dear friend, who is autocratting 12th night, to put together a buffet lunch for her household.  Here's my menu:

	Party of:	Nine
	Budget:		$100
	Problems:	No kitchen access, no prep area
			(it's cooler-and-crock-pot time!)

On table all day:

	Cheese board -- white cheddar, brie, and an Edam or Gouda
	Fresh fruit
	"beer" bread and butter (requested)
	Dates, pitted, with walnut quarters inserted
	Olives
	Assorted vegetables
	Confits (glazed almonds and pecans)
	Chocolate (oop, but specifically requested)

Brunch menu:

	Onion soppes (from Take 1000 Eggs) (holding in crock pot)
		Sliced baguettes, for "sopping"
	Garbage (loosely interpreted as pate of chicken livers)
	Ember Day Tartes (individual quiches done in muffin tin)
	Cold roast Cornish game hens (don't know if they're period, but
			can pretend they're partridge, or quail, or
			some other prohibitively expensive bird...)
	Digby cakes (from Miscellany)

Suggestions, questions, gentle criticisms?  Am I playing too fast and loose with periodicity, and if so how can I "tighten it up?"

		- kat