SC - Viking joke-NOT SCA cooks

Varju Varju at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 07:47:57 PST 1997

<< Maybe someday I'll get to share my Scuppernog with you, although you might
not
 care for any foxy notes in it,  >>

It would be a privilaege to share a glass of Scuppernog from your cellars. I
am honored by the tho't. Thank-you. I do not necessarily find a "foxy" flavor
in native grapes unpleasant if it is toned and complimented by other
complexities. I do, however, find this flavor in wines supposedly consisting
of French varietals. The flavors contained in  American and French varieties
do not compliment each other, IMHO, each should be savored in its own group.
It is the marriage of the 2 flavor groups that I find insipid and not a little
coying. :-)

Ras