SC - Holiday Wishes

Deborah J Hammons aldyth at juno.com
Wed Dec 24 10:35:41 PST 1997

                      RE>>SC - recipe request ACORNS               12/24/97

If I remember correctly from grade school indiginous peoples studies (back
then they was injuns, oops, better not let my half breed husband see that!),
you grind the acorns very finely and then rinse them with cold water a dozen
or so times.  The natives used woven baskets (in California), but I bet if you
put it in a muslin bag it would work pretty well.  Actually, somebody in my
office did this recently and then added the acorn flour to regular flour and
made cookies.  Too bad everyone has gone on vacation already... I would track
her down...
- -brid