SC - typo?

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Sat Dec 27 13:24:04 PST 1997

> Greetings, Gentles,
> Allow me to introduce myself.
> I am Mordonna DuBois, cook, Warrior Haven, Atenveldt, Atenveldt.

Wlecome aboard Mordonna, I am Puck, generally regarded as the most quiet,
conservative, least troublesome, respectful (okay, everybody snarf and get
over it!) member of this and other sca lists.  Most everybody is away on
holiday, but there are a few lurking about.

> At my first event with my Household, I made the mistake of making a fish
stew,
> (called "Gumbo" by those in the New Worlde, I believe).  E'er since, it
has
> become a command that I must serve it at every War we go to.  I'll share
the
> receipt with all of you sometime in the future.

What ever are you waiting for?

> I cook hearty meals for my fighters, and the Lords who are friends of our
> household, and our smalls when at War,

I generally find it more enjoyable to cook smalls than cook for them, but
that's just me.  Recipes anyone?

> I would appreciate it gratefully if any of you have some good receipts for
> good hearty fare.  I have not yet tried baking in camp, haven't figured
out
> how to do it over  an open fire.

Allow me to recommend you to Lord Stefan Le Rous' (sure hope I spelled that
right) Florilegium.  For my money, what little of it there is, if you can't
find what you're looking for there, you don't need it.  Ummm, now that I've
recommended it, I find that I don't have the address handy and I'm on my
way out the door.  You can find it through the SCA homepage though, at
www.SCA.org.

Taking my quiet, conservative, untroublesome, respectful but and running
for cover, Puck