SC - RE: Hardly Anyone eats lamb...???

Varju Varju at aol.com
Sun Dec 28 16:23:16 PST 1997

<< Many people have told me you can substitute slivered almonds for pine nuts.

If you do this be sure to add a juniper berry or 2 for a mock pine nut flavor.
I have tried this substitute (e.g. almonds for pine nuts and find that
although the texture is similar the flavor is definately lacking. A far better
course of action would be to avoid pine nut containig recipes if you can't
afford the real McCoy.

Ras