SC - 12th Night feast menu

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Dec 10 07:09:35 PST 1997

Greetings all,

Okay, I think I've finalized my menu for the Barony of the Steppes 12th
Night. I'm looking at this almost like an A&S entry so I will be having
a handout at the gate giving the dishes, source, ingredients, and any
other notes of instruction.  I was hoping to have this totally Medieval
but some of the dishes are later but, hopefully, not OOP.

Please respond with questions, comments, better ideas, etc...

On the table will be breads. With honey, olive oil, and mustard in bread
bowls.

1st Course:

		Roasted Pork with Pepper Sauce, Fruit Sauce, & Mustard
 		(The diner adds whichever sauce or condiment to his choice)

		Chicken brewet in the famed bread swans
		The Parsnip and Skerrits tart
		Fava beans yfried
		Apple Frittors

2nd Course:

		Collops of beef over Saffron rice
		Chicken in a Sauce of Orange or Lemon
		Mushroom Pasties
		Peascods
		Onions over sops
		Boiled Custard with Rose petals

Finger Food Platters

		Cuskynoles (not sure which version yet. Heck, maybe both)
		Toasted cheese bread
		Quiches
		Sliced apples & pears
		Dates

Hot spiced cider, mint drink, maybe a small mead as beverages.

The feast is for 400 with a budget of $4 per person.
All who volunteer as servers and feast musicians will be fed prior to feast
so they may devote all of their energies to working the feast. I am also
trying to get all servers to only have to pay 1/2 price for entry. I don't
know if I've convinced the Steward of this. He's kinda cheap.

Things may change depending upon budget or I may try to balance flavors and
textures a little more but at least it's a good outline.

Any commentary would be greatly appreciated.

Yers,

Gunthar