SC - 12th Night feast me

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Dec 10 12:43:28 PST 1997

> Gunthar, it sounds great!

Thanks, it's only what I've learned from you guys.

> As for your reservations about whether it is somewhat more period than
> some other Ansteorran feasts, and whether it is or isn't as period as
> you'd like it to be, I can only say you seem to be excessively
> goal-oriented. I feel this game is process-oriented.

That is an interesting statement. I guess you can say I'm goal-oriented in
the fact that one of the things I like most about doing feasts is the
planning and designing of the menu. I am also process-oriented in the fact that
part of the dishes I use can be made ahead, or won't take up too much cooking
space or whatever perameters are appropriate. I'm also not usually so caught
up in the documentation but I want this feast to be special.

Steppes 12th Night is one of the major winter events in Ansteorra and on top
of that it is also where Ansteorra is holding the A&S competition to determine
what entries will represent the kingdom at Gulf Wars. Although I'm not entering
the A&S I would like to maintain the theme of the event with almost an A&S entry
feast.

Ansteorra has very few truly period feasts and I'm hoping the Ansteorran members
of this list are going to start changing the ideas of the general population. I
do wish I'd attended last year's Candlemas feast...

If I can pull off a High Feast with documented dishes maybe the winds will start
changing and people's eyes will be opened as mine have been.

Besides, I'm having a great time doing this!

> It sounds as if you've got a fine feast going there. Just remember
> (slushy cliche coming here, but not inappropriate) you  can reach the
> stars as easily in small steps as you can in one leap.

Forgive me, Master, but I must say. "Huh?"
In reality, this feast isn't much more ambitious than most of the others that I
have done and the dishes have been picked because they are relatively simple, can
freeze well and will suit the appetites of most of the diners. This is the same
criteria I've always used.

> Adamantius, unused to such slobbery, sentimental claptrap (sorry!)

I'll forgive you.

Yers,

Gunthar