SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #472

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Thu Dec 11 23:42:45 PST 1997

<<
 I think if you hook up to Cariadoc's Miscellany on line or with your own
 personal copy, you'll find some recipes for syrups that can be diluted and
 used as drinks later.They work, they're good, they're relatively cheap, and
 they keep at room temperature for a very long time. The by-now-infamous
 Sekanjubin (Persian Mint Drink)is really only one variety. You can also make
 lemon, orange, pomegranite (I cheat and use that popular drink additive from
 the liquor store? Name? Somebody hand me my brain!).

      Ummmm, maybe Grenadine? And while the Miscellany's drink section is
fairly small, I seem to remember that the Middle Eastern cookbooks in his
cookbook collection have recipes for some of the syrup flavors mentioned
above. (Am I remembering correctly, Your Grace?) Easy to make, and I've even
found a number of them in a small local Indian market ready made, including a
*very* thick, but unsweetened, pomegranite. It was cooked to a disapointing
brown color, but it tasted wonderful sweetened and diluted.

        Ldy Diana