SC - books for novice cooks--??

Mon Dec 15 20:25:22 PST 1997

>Does anyone know of any books on period cooking? I feel sort of funny
>just trying to do a recipe without having read a thing about it. I have
>made shortbread and scones, but that's it. Merci beaucoup!
>
>Isabelle

Currently in print, The Medieval Cookbook by Maggie Black, Pleyn Delight
by Haitt(?).

Often available through the library, To the King's Taste and To the
Queen's Taste by Lorna Sass and Sallets, Humbles, and Shrewsbery Cakes
by Ruth Ann Beebe.

These are good selections for starting into period cooking.

Bear