SC - meat pies (of a sort)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Dec 16 01:12:22 PST 1997

At 6:32 PM -0800 12/15/97, Chuck & Allison Priputin wrote:
>I know that we haven't bothered to put any effort into authenticating
>our recipes, but I have several for russian pierogies that are food (as
>opposed to dessert) that I'll be glad to e-mail if you'd like!

So far as I know, the closest thing to a period Russian cookbook is
_Domostroi_; an English translation is available from Cornell University
Press. You might check through that to see whether anything that sounds
like what you are doing is mentioned. Unfortunately, information on Eastern
European period cooking seems to be pretty sparse.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University
ddfr at best.com