SC - Serve It Forth

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 09:07:54 PST 1997

<< Hi,

 I was searching the net for information about subscribing to "Serve It Forth"
 when I came across a cookbook by Anne McCaffery of the same name. It seemed
 most curious. It is being listed on Amazon books. Is anybody else aware of
 this?

 Yers,

 Gunthar

     Yep! Didn't know it existed until I found a copy in a used book store,
but I of course bought it immediately! ;-) It is a collection of recipes from
various SF & Fantasy authors, with lots of chatty introductions, etc. It's
lot's of fun to read. I've only made a few things from it so far--it's
generally more mainstream cooking than I normally do--but the stuff I have
made was fine. Katherine Kurtz's scones were especially nice, and dead easy!
     It's probably not worth the money if you just want a selection of
recipes, it's real value to me was the introductions to the recipes, with
their insights into the lives of some of the folks whose books I love. And,
yes, the SCA, as you might expect, does get mentioned a few times, especially,
if memory serves, in Poul Anderson's section...................... ;-)

           Ldy Diana