SC - Lamb!!! (and kids)

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu Dec 18 15:32:31 PST 1997

Gunthar,

I've never cooked goat. If you have the time to send any recipes for goat
or lamb, please do. I love lamb, but there are far too few recipes for it
in my collection. This, by the way, is a request open to the rest of the
list.

Thanks,

Phlip

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
:
: > Lamb is usually imported from Colorado or New Zealand.  Currently lamb
: > is high dollar, going for $3.50 U.S. a pound in the local markets and is
: > even higher in Witchita, KS.
:
: There was a lot of lamb served in Ansteorra last year since Mahaddi was
: King. For his Coronation I did an Islamic lamb stew (Jazzaryah). Also I
: did a "Bedouin" style feast when he was Champion of Black Oak Keep with
: leg of lamb.
:
: I got the leg of lamb at a local Middle Eastern grocery for $.99 a pound.
: The lamb for the stew we got diced into stew meat for (I think) around
: $4 a pound from the local Super 1.
:
: >
: > Goat can be had, if you know a farmer who raises them.  The only event I
: > know it was served at was the 1st 2nd Annual Wolfstar Tourney, slow
: > grilled over the fire.
:
: Black Oak Keep served roasted goat for Queen Rowan at her last Queen's
: Champion. She said she would eat it as long as it no  longer resembled
: anything that had been alive. The goat was totally consumed so I guess
: even the fancy-pants swashers liked it. :-{)}
:
: I personally would love to serve more goat, lamb, and mutton. But I'm
: taking chances with roast pork here in Texas. Slowly we'll change them.
:
: >
: > Bear
: