SC - pre-1500 cookery

Tyrca Tyrca at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 18:57:04 PST 1997

<<
 Me personally?  I have a Manx persona from around 1150 ad which means my lord
is Viking and my Mother was Welsh and My father was Manx.  So what would my
persona eat?  I want to know darn it.... And I would prefer not to speculate,
I want facts.  And the current facts are (and I have discussed this with two
History department professors on the Isle of Man currently) that there is no
written documentation as to what they ate, and very little documentation as to
what they wore.  This intrigues me...

 Murkial ($.02, which makes this opinion worth nothing in Australia which is
about what it is worth to many people.  :D)

I know what you mean, at least we know that they ate food and wore clothes,
and that they were not the food and clothing of the Itallian Renaissance.  And
it might sound a little flippant, but sometimes it is nice to -not- have a lot
of documentation for someone to wave in my face and demand that I pay
attention to their opinion.  When I use a little imagination and
interpretation, and someone has a different opinion, I have the option of
asking them to prove their opinions instead of always having to prove mine.  I
have as much opportunity of being right as they do (maybe more, because I am
doing the reading in that area.)

tyrca