SC - saffron-VERY LONG

kappler kappler at edgenet.net
Sat Dec 20 22:46:53 PST 1997

> From "FOOD" byWaverly Root.
>
> Sourse: The stigmas of Crocus sativus (cn. Autumn Crocus)

>Ras

Thanks for the info, will add the reference to my list of books to buy.  In
the mean time, what can you tell me about growing it?

I hope such questions will not be considered off topic and flamed.  One of
the main reasons for my recent purchase of Puck's Glen was that, as much as
I love cooking and brewing (and distilling if Brandu ever lets us), I love
the growing of fresh herbs, veggies, meats etc to use in said cooking even
more.  Who knows, in a few years the cooks list may be able to turn to
Puck's Glen for hard to find or quality ingredients if I can learn enough.

Hopefully soon to be
In service, Puck