SC - Lamb!!! (and kids)

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Sun Dec 21 22:05:26 PST 1997

Australia IS marginal land, about as big as the US. Also, shearing was a
major Australian sport. And was crucial to the economy until well after
WWII. The shearers' union in the late 19th century was one of the most
powerful groups in the land, despite being composed mostly of people with
no fixed address who were only seasonally employed.

Charles Ragnar