SC - US farmers-OOP

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 06:24:27 PST 1997

<< (In Australia we are told that every US
 farmer gets about a zilliojn dollars a week to keep the prices down, and
 our farmers are all poor 'battlers' -  >>

This is somewhat tru and is a perpetual political battle. US farmers recieve
checks from the govern,emt for NOT growing things. For instance, my
Grandfather recieved money to NOT grow tobacco and peanuts even tho' the farm
is in N. Central PA which location is not an area where peanuts could be grown
on a commercial scale anyhow. The "subsidy" program was meant to help small
farmers compete and now has gotten so far out of hand that commercial factory
farms recieve almost all the subsidy money.

Please do not judge us all by the money grubbing and questionable practices of
some commercial growers and their political toys in Congress.

<Off the soap-box>

Ras