SC - saffron - OT

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Mon Dec 22 11:34:57 PST 1997

I forgot to share with all the great deal I got on Saffron here in Colorado Springs.  There is a specialty store that I had bought saffron from before, I called to get some for my feast and they were out.  The owner (it is a very small store) said that he would order me more.  He forgot and two weeks before my feast I called again.  He was very apologetic and said he would see what he could do for me.  I received a call from him that afternoon and he said he could get in a one ounce tin and he was more than willing to break it down smaller for me, but since we had such problems he would sell it to me for $57.00.  Mind you this is good fresh saffron.  They own a gourmet restaurant adjacent to their store and they use it in their own recipes.  This was so fresh that the threads are still soft.  I was very happy.  I bought the saffron and will send anyone in Colorado there for anything!

BTW this guy is also ordering in truffles from Europe by special order.  I think I am in heaven.

Murkial