SC - cooking lamb

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Sun Dec 28 15:24:57 PST 1997

My favorite recipe for lamb is shashlyk (AKA shish kebab)

2 pounds of lamb, cut into cubes, and marinated overnight in the
following mixture:

2 cups pomegranate juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
1 bay leaf, crushed
1 teaspoon crushed thyme
2 cloves garlic, crushed

Grill on skewers.

(I usually increase the garlic, and I have also used this
successfully with beef.)

Pomegranate juice is available in East European and Middle Eastern
grocery stores.  It is tart, though not as sour as lemon juice.  I do
not know of any reasonable substitute.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain of Tethba
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
mka Robin Carroll-Mann *** harper @ idt.net