SC - Lamb and Goat recipe

Jamey R. Lathrop jlathrop at unm.edu
Tue Dec 30 21:57:30 PST 1997

On Mon, 29 Dec 1997, Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> >I've heard rumors of goat being
> >traditional to some hispanic festivals here in the Rio Grande Valley, but
> >I'm unaware of the time of year these festivals take place and which
> >markets are most likely to carry goat.

> Have you tried any of the Hispanic butchers?  If there aren't any in
> Albuquerque (which would put me in shock), you could try down toward
> Belen.
>
> Bear

They're around; unfortunately the few times I've gone into hispanic
markets (looking for various things), I've left disappointed.  I always
manage to go in when the only person working doesn't speak a word of
English!  We always have wonderful conversations, though we haven't a clue
what the other has said!  (I've been interested in learning Spanish for
some time, but between all my hobbies and my work as a graduate student, I
haven't been making much progress so far!  Until then, no goat!  :-)

Lady Allegra Beati
Barony of al-Barran
Outlands