SC - Lamb and Goat recipe

Wed Dec 31 07:42:31 PST 1997

>They're around; unfortunately the few times I've gone into hispanic
>markets (looking for various things), I've left disappointed.  I always
>manage to go in when the only person working doesn't speak a word of
>English!  We always have wonderful conversations, though we haven't a clue
>what the other has said!  (I've been interested in learning Spanish for
>some time, but between all my hobbies and my work as a graduate student, I
>haven't been making much progress so far!  Until then, no goat!  :-)
>
>Lady Allegra Beati
>Barony of al-Barran
>Outlands

No hablan Espanol?  Well, neither do I, but the method I came up with to
get around the problem was to get a primer for "fill in the blank"
language and learn the basic phrases and numbers.  One of the key
phrases is, "I don't understand.  Could you please write down the
price?"  I used the technique all over Europe when English or German
didn't suffice (usually in the rural areas with little tourist traffic).
 I might even remember enough to buy some cabrito. :-)

Bear