SC - SC Feast n the law

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Dec 1 08:15:41 PST 1997

<< The law does recognize that no organization
 can continue to function at a net loss.

 Bear >>

Sorry for any misunderstanding. :-) What I meant to say was that as a not for
profit organization the money generated by a feast should not be counted upon
as a money making activity but rather as a break-even activity. For instance,
when given a feast budget of 1200 dollars one should endeavor to spend 1200
dollars or less for the purpose of feeding the masses without tho't for
profit. I always come in under budget because of the way in which I search
out price differences when buying BUT as a feastocrat, I am not placed under
any pressure from the shire to do so.

Our shire's main fundraising is accomplished thru a period food booth we set
up annually at the Lewisburg Arts festival and thru the selling of chain mail
juggling balls and jester's hats at other public functions.

The menu items are shish kabobs, gingerbread, lemonaid, and spinach/cheese
pasties. BTW, apparently because of our NP status we have never been
subjected to state inspection by the DHW when doing the public thing either.
But then again PA has always been rather user friendly for NP's. :-)

This allows us to have a full shedule of school demos and a nest egg that is
not unimpressive ($2.000-$3,000 dollars in the bank at any given moment.
Thereby the cost of events is always covered and IF a loss must be taken,
which ias extremely rare, we have a comfy cushion with which to do so.

:-)

Ras