[none]

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Dec 3 17:38:49 PST 1997

OK, Charles,

I just checked numbers for you. Since y'all gave me the Hungries for Oyster
Stew, I went to the store and got some oysters and made a pot. Instead of
buying a pint/pound of Standards, I bought 1/2 pints/pounds of each, and
found that there are 22 oysters in 1/2 pint/pound of Standards, and 19
oysters in 1/2 pint/pound of Selects. Cost was $7.95/pound for Standards,
$8.29/pound for Selects. These are US dollars and weights (Durn you, Bear,
why do you have to make things complicated?  Bear, how well do you dance on
the end of a chain? Anyone for a Bear-baiting?).

Adamantius,, if oysters aren't good enough to eat raw or barely cooked,
then they aren't good enough to eat. Period. The Nose Knows.

In the meantime, I now am settled down with a pot of oyster stew, and to
perdition with ALL of you.

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,