SC - shortbread cookies (or similar)

Karla Sexsmith firesong at imag.net
Fri Dec 5 10:53:27 PST 1997

Greetings to all on the list,

I'm new to this list, and while I would normally wait a few weeks before
posting, I have a question
that sort of needs answering by tonight/tomorrow morning, so I'm breaking my
own rule :)

I'm going to a tourney tomorrow (Baroness' Birthday Tourney in Lion's Gate,
An Tir) which is holding a contest for "best period dessert", and is ending
with a potluck dinner.  We've been told that if our contribution to the
potluck feeds enough, we can have our entry to the contest double for our
potluck contribution.

What I'm wondering is... does anyone know if Shortbread Cookies are period?
Or, is there a period recipe for something similar to modern-day shortbread?
I'm trying to come up with something to bring that uses what I have in the
house (hopefully :) and I figured that if I can come up with something
that's period, I might enter the contest.  Fortunately, our potluck
contribution doesn't *have* to be period, so if all else fails, I'm bringing
regular shortbread. :)

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Karla