SC - Request for documentation: Honey Glazed Vegetables

Maddie Teller-Kook meadhbh at io.com
Mon Dec 8 08:15:20 PST 1997

Gunther,
This recipe is from Terence Scully's latest cookbook: Early French
Cooking. This recipe is a redaction from the Menagier de Paris.

Honey Glazed Vegetables:

for 5 lbs vegetables:

1 lb each (or chose any mix of a total = 5 lbs).

Turnips, carrots, squash (I used zucchini, i know its not period but it
really worked in the recipe and Scully listed it), fennel root, parsley
root and/or parsnip.

cook all vegetables in a pot with a little water, bring to boil and cook
until almost tender.  Add 20 tablespoons honey (1 1/4 cups). Reduce heat
and stir. Simmer until liquid has almost evaporated.  Shake the pan to
assure honey is coating all the vegetables.

I did this dish for the Noble's Dinner at Bryn Gwlad's fall event. It
was a success.  Give it a try.

meadhbh