SC - Request for documentation

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Dec 8 10:38:47 PST 1997

> The only parsnip recipe I can think of, offhand, apart from parsnip
> fritters of various kinds and composte, is from quite late period, or
> after. I think it's in either Hugh Plat's "Delites for Ladies", or in
> Digby's Closet. It is essentially boiled, mashed, parsnips, pureed with
> butter and a bit of the cooking liquid to a creamy consistency. I'll see
> if I can find it.
>
> Adamantius

That's probably the one I was thinking of. I've had similar called "Swedes and
Arabs" or somesuch. It was very tasty and would make a good counterpoint to
some of the dishes in my first course.

I'm trying to think of a couple of good, simple filling vegetable dishes for
my first course. I have some nice vegetable dishes for my fancier second course
but the "Common" course has me a little put-out. I'm mainly looking for a savory
dish that does not have cabbage or too many leeks. Especially one that's
rather filling and it must be documentable.

Isn't this fun?

Yers,

Gunthar