SC - Why "Request for documentation" is a bad subject title

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Dec 10 11:55:18 PST 1997

> I don't think the problem is only with usage. If what you are requesting is
> documentation, that means you already have something to document. If what
> you are looking for is "a period recipe for turnips," you aren't asking for
> documentation but for a recipe--and possibly documentation attached.
>
> David/Cariadoc

My question was basically the two combined. I knew of a dish and had eaten it
at feast. I also thought I had either seen the recipe or been told it was a
documentable period dish. Armed with this, I asked if anyone knew the source of
this recipe. I did want to use this but if it was not a documentable period
recipe I did not want to use it for this particular feast.

Since I wasn't positive that it was documentable, I also asked if anyone had
a better idea with documentation to back it up. With this feast, the documentation
is of more importance than the dish.

Yers,

Gunthar