SC - SC-SHORT BREAD AS

Wed Dec 10 12:09:12 PST 1997

>Well, bear posted an interesting looking redaction yesterday or so.
>Mayhaps if you ask nicely he'll repost it.  I am trying it now, my cream
>is clotting and It should be done by tomorrow night.  I will post the
>results as soon as I have some.
>
>Bogdan
>
>On 10 Dec 1997, Marisa Herzog wrote:
>
>> Perhaps we could have a go at that original recipe and see if we can come
>>up
>> with a better redaction?  It does look interesting, if not exactly pound
>>cake
>> *or* shortbread.
>> -brid

Not so much a redaction as some general comments about the recipe and
some opinions which really need to be tested.

The ingredients and instructions are very cookie-like, and I think the
end result will be a small spice cake 2 to 3 inches in diameter and 1/4
to 1/2 an inch thick with a crumbly texture.  Cake, in this case, I am
taking to mean a round, flat loaf.

I'm going to try a batch of these for a Christmas party this weekend
using butter rather than clotted cream, so we'll have some trials to
compare.

Bear