SC - OT - Omaha Steaks anomaly

Philip & Susan Troy troy at spambegone.asan.com
Wed Dec 10 12:48:16 PST 1997

Wildly off-topic, but I thought some of you might appreciate it as I
share with you this odd annual ritual.

I've just received a box of what appears to be Omaha Steaks. Probably
shell steaks, to be exact. My brother-in-law sends them every year. What
can I say?

Anyway, I am, even as I write, now in the process of opening the
package. It is here. Nestled in amongst the papers and the pack of dry
ice. First the cover letter. Then the catalogue and order form. Then the
little recipe book.

Ah...there it is. Under the recipe book, on top of the dry ice pack.
Hermetically sealed in vapor-proof plastic. The ubiquitous AOL disk.

My question is this: are they a product of genetic engineering in the
beef industry? Do they just grow in the cows with the AOL disks built
in?

Any insights on this? I'm really perplexed.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at spambegone.asan.com

Sentient beings should remove the "spambegone." portion of our address
before replying.