SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #472

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Dec 11 08:25:14 PST 1997

> I think if you hook up to Cariadoc's Miscellany on line or with your
> own
> personal copy, you'll find some recipes for syrups that can be diluted
> and
> used as drinks later.They work, they're good, they're relatively
> cheap, and
> they keep at room temperature for a very long time. The
> by-now-infamous
> Sekanjubin (Persian Mint Drink)is really only one variety. You can
> also make
> lemon, orange, pomegranite (I cheat and use that popular drink
> additive from
> the liquor store? Name? Somebody hand me my brain!).
>
> Aoife

Grenadine=pomegranite syrup, if you get the real thing, just check the
ingredients.
I know that there are commercial syrups available out there, but they
are inordinately sweet, but I have the orgeator almond syrup and you can
make a sort of instant cordial out of it by just mixing with rum, brandy
or vodka-a bit off track, but ...
margali