SC - Thoughts...

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Mon Dec 15 07:07:16 PST 1997

> - As we are just starting a cooks guild here in Rimsholt, I'd like to
> mention that the folks here surprised me when I suggested that we (the
> guild) provide desserts for an upcoming event by asking "Do they need to be
> period?"    In some groups, people seem to be more interested in cooking
> than cooking from period sources.
>
> I hope our monthly meetings will remedy this.  One person selects one or two
> recipes from period sourses.  That person prepares it for the group,
> provides a copy of the recipe and we sit around and discuss it.
>
> Best of luck finding out what your group really wants.
>
> Brighid the Ageless

It may not be that they don't WANT to cook period, but that they don't
know how, aren't sure how to even start, and are afraid they will botch
it, but still want to contribuute, and are familiar and comfy with
modern cooking.  Been there, done that, asked the SAME thing.  Your
meetings will probably help; another thought is to get them access to
the cooks list, and/or some of the wonderful, informative cookbooks that
are suggested on this list.  Seeing availability, preparation, planning,
and research in progress of discussion has demistified the process for
me, and, IMO, might make other modern cooks less reluctant.
Hugs & Pinches
Angelique