SC - novice requests - longish

kappler kappler at edgenet.net
Mon Dec 15 21:33:13 PST 1997

> I think the question was "Can I start a thread on mead, since I want to
> do it next year."  We really need to get Tyrca to talk about her mead
> making and watch the show.
>
> BTW, Puck, don't say distillation too loud.  The simple fermentation of
> brewing, vintning, and mazing is legal if you have a tax permit.
> Distillation brings the ATF around.  :-)
>
> Bear

my dear Bear,(I would've said gentle but, with a name like Bear, one never
knows), we on the SCA-distilling list (SCA-Distilling at tycho.com) already
have our resident BATF agent.  For those of you who don't subscribe or have
missed the ongoing(and ongoing/ongoing/ongoing, he just won't let it die)
thread, m'lord Brandu is actually an undercover BATF agent (honest, just
ask kat, she likes his butt <nyah nyah>), whom we of the list have decided
to humor.  Problem is, we're currently trying to get a copy of the regs so
we can be legal (I know, I know, rul;es is stupid, but he's the list admin
weanie, so we have to play along, y,see?),  but he won't just throw a set
in his secret agent man brief case on the way home.  The recalcitrant brute
won't do it, insists on us doing it ourselves.  Contumatious little pup,
don't you think?  (I didn't start this Dragonfyr, he did)

So who's Tyrca and how does one so humble and shy as m'self meet her?

slinking away relatively quietly while Brandu sleeps, Puck